Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on all our Owasys websites and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like LinkedIn and Google may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
- These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Owasys is responsible of the data files to be created with personal data supplied by the web site users.
According to the Europen Union General Data Protection Regulation , Owasys is obliged to keep privacy of personal data from individuals and to their confidential treatment. For this purpose, Owasys will adopt any required measure to prevent their manipulation, change, loss, or unauthorised treatment or access. Automatic data collection and treatment is intended for the management, offer, enhancement and improvement of the requested services by the user and for the follow-up of enquires posed by the users.
You will be able to exercise your access, correction, cancelation, and objection to your personal data that are kept in Owasys files, by asking for it via any means that can be properly recorded as having been sent and received. To exercise your rights, please, send an email to: email@example.com
Owner and Data Controller
Owasys Advanced Wireless Devices S.L.
Bizkaia Technology Park, 207-B,
E-48160, Derio, Bizkaia, Spain
What are the cookies?
The cookies are small text files that will be downloaded to your equipment when accessing a web page.
They are not malware or viruses, but essential tools for the provision of many services on the internet. Among other things, they make possible to remember your preferred language for navigaion on the network, collectiong statistics to optimise the site functionality or that you can share our contents on your social networks.
What cookies' types are to be used in this web page?
- Technical Cookies. These are the ones that are solely created and managed by us and that allows navigation all through our web page as well as the use of the different options and services.
- Analyse Cookies. These are the ones that when properly processed by us or by third party entities, helps us to quantify users and perform statistics measurements and analysis of our web site use.
We will never obtain information on personal data from the user, guaranteeing protection of the privacy for any person navigating on the web.
How to deactivate our cookies (or any cookie)?
Although most of the navigators accept cookies in an automatic way, you can modify your navigator configuration to allow, block, or eliminate cookies that are installed in your equipment.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
LinkedIn and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Follow” and “Add to circles” buttons.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we imagine this is not a concern for most users.
If you sign up for a service
When you sign up for any of our services – paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
We will also collect and store information about your use of our services so as to improve them. For example, we keep a log of what features are being used at any time.
Owasys also log account and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
We may send you email notifications regarding your service (such as invoices) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or notifications when updates for Owasys products are available). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
Owasys take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured datacentres behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
- Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Owasys will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
Updates to this policy
For further information on how to contact Owasys, please visit our contact page.