The formidable and robust IP67 ruggerized version of the Owa3x embedded computers perfect for rough or hazardous environments.
- IP67 - waterproof and dust industrial grade protection
- GSM/GPRS & UMTS/HSPA
- Embedded IP functionality
- Wide variety of interfaces:
- Analog and Digital I/O
- 3 RS232 & 1 RS485
- 2 CAN, 2 K-Line & iButton
- Audio, USB
- Ethernet, uSD, etc.
- Optional Communication technologies:
- I/Os expansion board
- Complete development environment and software packages.
- Highly customizable & Remote Over-The-Air Update (OTA)
Open M2M ruggerized platform
owa3x Rugged models are to be phased out in December 2018. Please contact our Sales team for details.
A powerful generation of open, flexible, industrial-grade wireless embedded computers, providing fully wireless capabities for remote management and monitoring. Combine the best set of technologies and features to develop telemetry and telematic applications thanks to the huge range of options.
Wireless Embedded Computer
- 32MB/64MB RAM
- 64MB Flash, +16GB in uSD
- Industry standard architecture
- Open platform: 2.6.36 Linux Kernel
- Programmable in C/C++. Shell scripting
- Extensive libraries and a well documented API to make the most of the owa3x hardware
- Open source tools and Sofware packages available
- Complete and ready-to-use development environment, demo application and Application Notes
- Robust for Automotive
- Very Low Power consumption
This table is only a HTML5 version of the official BOK 100 6006 owa3x family variants & options summary, available on the documentation section of both owa3x and owa3x rugged products.the owa3x family
The owa3x family is all about connectivity
- 10 configurable digital Input/Outputs, +16 with the optional I/O Expansion board *
- 40V max inputs (logic low <3V, high >5V)
- All inputs function as wake signals for low power modes
- All inputs can be used as pulse counters (odometer): 32 bit, 3kHz max.
- 8 open collector outputs (100mA each)
- 2 high-side switches to Vin for output (1A each)
- Short circuit protection for all outputs
- 4 analog Inputs
- 10bit resolution. 1% accuracy
- Share 4 of the digital I/O pins **
- Two configurable (SW) resolutions: 0 - 5.12V (5mV per bit) or 0 - 30.72V (30mV per bit)
- Internal ADCs for Vin, Vbat, Vbackup, temperature
- GPS with FAKRA antenna connector *
- GSM/GPRS/UMTS/HSPA+ with FAKRA or SMA antenna connector:
- Data transfer over GPRS/HSPA+
- Audio and CSD data calls
- optional double SIM
- 3 external RS232 ports. 6 pins configurable by SW as follows:
- 3 x [TX / RX] or
- 1 x [TX / RX] & 1 [TX / RX / CTS / RTS] or
- 1 x [TX / RX / CTS / RTS / DCD / DTR]
- Two RS485 ports
- Integrated sensors:
- Programmable 3-axis accelerometer, and/or
- 3-axis gyroscope *
- Audio for external microphone and speaker *
- 4 LEDs for status indicator (6 with Ethernet)
- Removable cover for SIM slot, main battery and microSD.
- microSD card holder (up to 32GB)
- Vout 5.4V power output (100mA max)
- ON/OFF pin
One of the most powerful sets of communication technologies of the M2M market.
- Ethernet 10/100 baseT *
- Up to 3 CAN bus supporting full speed 1MBPS CAN 2.0B *
- K-line bus *
- iButton (1-Wire) *
- WiFi (including Access Point role)
Availability of features marked with (*) depend on model. Features displayed here in italics are available as options. See Variants & Options or click here for a full reference about options for the complete owa3x family.
EnclosureRugged — glass reinforced plastic
- Environmental protection to IP67 standard: full protection against dust and water
- Dimensions: 179.5 x 57.5 x 146.5 mm, excluding connectors
- Weight: 400g
- GSM & GPS
- 42 pin Machine connector
- Ethernet optional
Supports multiplexed communication, allowing GSM and SMS events during GPRS sessions.
- GSM850 + EGSM900 + GSM1800 + GSM1900
- Class 4 (2W) GSM850/EGSM900
- Class 1 (1W) GSM1800/GSM1900
- GPRS Class B, Class 10 (4+2)
- Audio and CSD Data calls
- SMS (MT/MO)
- Optional HSPA+ (3G) Module
- Receiver: GPS L1 frequency. C/A code
- 56 channels* continuous tracker receiver
- GALILEO L1 openservice and GLONASS ready *
- SBAS: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
- Update rate: 4 Hz
- Accuracy: 2.5 meters CEP
- Signal Acquisition:
- Cold Start: 29 sec*
- Warm Start: 28 sec*
- Hot start < 1 sec
- Reacquisition < 1 sec
- Active Antenna Power Supply: +3.0V @ 30mA
* Features availability depending on model.
For when there is no power supply available:
- Standard backup battery for RTC. Duration 10 years.
- Optional rechargeable Battery Li-Ion 3.7V 1800mAh.
Inserted via rear battery cover.
Nominal range: 7V to 48V
|Run + GSM voice call||90 mA|
|Storage temperature 1||-40ºC to +85ºC|
|Operating with GSM off||-40ºC to +85ºC|
|Operating with GSM on||-30ºC to +80ºC|
|Operating from Li-Ion Battery||-20ºC to +60ºC|
|Li-Iion battery recharge||0ºC to +45ºC|
1 Please note that this is storage temperature without the optional internal battery.
System specs & CPU
- ARM9 @400MHz clock speed
- Linux OS: Kernel 2.6.36
- RAM 32MByte / 64MByte
- Flash 64MByte
- 32GB+ of additional storage with microSD card
Get detailed information and pricing about the owa3x_rugged
Please note that all information present in the Owasys web sites and pages is of purely informative nature. To obtain authorized and up-to-date information about availability of variants, options, etcetera for the different products and services, please contact Owasys sales team.
Owasys will not be held responsible, under any circumstances, for damages of any kind derived from failing to read this notice, or for failing to comply with the specific obligations on the conditions established by this notice.